New profile posts

Hi David, I was directed to you by DroidBox help desk regarding sound settings for home cinema system 5.1 and Dolby Atmos. Can you point me to a How To or give me some idea how to set this up on DroidBox T8-S Plus. So far I could get 5.1 and DTS, no Dolby Atmos, in openelec/Kodi but not DBMC. DroidBox and AV are connected via HDMI. Thanks Vlada.
David Savage
David Savage
Inside kodi go to system and system again, then Audio output. Make sure number of channels is 2.0, and enable passthrough. Also enable Dolby digital and DTS and enable Dolby transcoding too.
Hope this helps you.
Sorry for the delay in answering.
David Savage
David Savage
One last thing Atmos is normally 5.1.4 the 4 is the new height speakers and I haven't seen any of this on kodi yet. Plus you would need super fast Internet speeds.
David Savage
David Savage
Save that for blu ray...
Hi David and Nigelar thanks for your suggestions, ive found a work around after looking through the forum, not ideal but it's good for now, I reinstalled and went with light and added openelec as a shortcut so now I can have wookie that looks good plus can boot to android. Thanks again guys.
Hi there again david I did what You suggested reset with the reset button and did a factory reset from the recovery menu,I installed new version of wookie in the openelec but again there's no way to exit and switch to android from within the new wookie or even retro wookie.The only way I can get to android is to change the skin to standard confluence.
N
Nigelar
If you search the forum dan there are several threads on returning to android from openelec inc creating shortcuts
David Savage
David Savage
In programs go to openelec configuration go in and on your right scroll down at the bottom and you can switch back here. You can just keep the confluence skin it basic but works well