Rrrrr

Feb 18, 2016
Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help me. My husband bought Apple TV and an XBMC android box in 2014 and I've used them to watch Netflix, YouTube and films on IceFilms and Genesis only. My husband left last year and I haven't a clue how to work either of these devices for anything other than the above and now Icefilms and Genesis don't appear to be working anyway. What can these machines do, how do I work them/get the best out of them, etc. If you are kind enough to respond please speak as if to an idiot who understands nothing about technology.... Thanks!

jonajuna

Jan 2, 2016
I'm afraid if you know nothing about tech, you'll probably be better off getting a local geek teen to help you out for a few quid.

Apple boxes are just for Apple TV. ... unless hacked.

Xbmc/kodi does need a level of ability reading file systems and moving stuff around. As it's 2014....will likely need updates across all the software

Reactions: angela

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Getting a friend to help you update your xbmc android box and showing you how it works is probably a good idea. If you have a laptop you can download kodi (new name for xbmc) to that and either put addons on it yourself (e.g. exodus has replaced genesis) or use a wizard like the wookie to set things up automatically. Experiment a bit with that and if you feel comfortable, then you can apply the same techniques to the android box.

The seo-michael site offers very good advice on setting things up.

Without going anywhere near the kodi side of things see if you can find guides to installing showbox and moviehd which work on the android homescreen like on a tablet or phone like youtube, and require less maintenance. Both are movie channels.