Lango

Jun 18, 2015
Hi all,

I use the Drtoidbox wizard but i probably only use about 10% of the pre installed apps, how easy is it to put together a custom build, all those unused apps must be slowing things down?

Is it just a case of installing fusion and away you go?
Any tutorials anywhere?

Cheers guys :)

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
This guy offers good advice on installing individual addons

https://seo-michael.co.uk/

So yes you could do it.

Using fusion gives you access to their addon installer which also allows you to install individual addons - although they only offer their preferred ones.

To be honest i am not aware that the "unused addons" slow things down. it is not as if they are consuming any processing power.

Using a wizard like wookie or fusions configuration tool or hushams etc does save a lot of time.

You can always uninstall unwanted addons.

Lango

Jun 18, 2015
Thanks Nigelar

I hadnt thought about uninstalling apps, thought it would just re install like when stuff updates.

Thanks, ill stick with the DB wizard and give that a go.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Hi all,

I use the Drtoidbox wizard but i probably only use about 10% of the pre installed apps, how easy is it to put together a custom build, all those unused apps must be slowing things down?

Is it just a case of installing fusion and away you go?
Any tutorials anywhere?

Cheers guys :)
Hi

Yes multiple add ons can slow the box when they all start to update,it takes much more time rather than having few add ons instead,also loading whole add on lists etc.

They also take much more memory space than it would with add ons that you only use.

What you can do is inside Kodi(XBMC) ,go to videos>add ons>get more and disable the specific add on.That will make add on unusable but it will remain inside the memory.

When you unistall the add on,it will be completely deleted and erased from memory.

Only difference is that if you would decide to enable add on,it would be faster rather than installing,because then download would start and it would take some time for add on to download!