Spike

Aug 13, 2015
Just taking delivery of new T8 SE but I’ve come across a few teething troubles hopefully someone can put me right.

First off the Wi-fi signal strength icon only works now and again no blue bars in it or they’ll come and go WiFi working though

Second. Ipvanish not starting up automatically when Android starts up. Although I’ve ticked all the relevant boxes to allow this.

Third. Thought I’d uninstall ipvanish and reinstall again but I’m still waiting for it to uninstall 10 minutes after I pressed ok .Trying to cancel also does nothing and even clear cache takes forever and it won’t even attempt to clear data.

Anyone else got one of these. Bought it as an addition to my my T8s plus which has worked flawlessly.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
1: If you install https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer , does the signal strength shown on the graph fluctuate at the same time as the icon's changes?

2/3: Not got a T8 SE to test on, but I'd try uninstalling and then installing the latest version of IPVanish, both via the Play Store (in case that helps with it taking a long time to uninstall). If that doesn't help with it automatically starting, might be worth trying an app like https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=imoblife.startupmanager , use the 3rd tab (customize) to create an entry for the IPVanish app.

Someone is likely to suggest trying a factory reset, if you do this, don't forget to sign back into the Play Store afterwards and update the apps once more.
Factory reset process likely to be the same as here:

R3tro

Jan 2, 2018
I've just got this box too. Why on earth did they remove the HDD bay? This was one of the reasons i got the box. Considering sending it back since I haven't even plugged it in yet.

My plan was to have a small form factor device which would store all my music and video-game emulation catalogue.

Did the T8 S get phased out? You can't seem to buy it anymore.

PS - sorry for thread hijack but sort of related!