Eddzster

Oct 30, 2017
Hi all
As title says my T8 box is stuck on the erasing screen
I was using box yesterday then switched off and later back on for it to be stuck on the boot screen, I did a hard reset and whilst doing (with android man with red thing in belly) the screen froze, I unplugged to re do it but since then the screen just comes back with android man with blue orb circling in his belling and says erasing, this has been on since yesterday, tried numerous times to reset but always the same. Anyone any ideas?
Cheers

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If a reset isn't working, and the device is definitely an original DroidBOX T8 (so no 2nd operating system like OpenELEC), https://droidboxforums.com/threads/t8-droidbox-firmware.9763/ has the firmware for it, you could try re-flashing to see if that helped.
If it isn't from DroidBOX then proceed with caution, firmware might be compatible.
If DroidBOX, but not the very first T8 model, check the appropriate area in this forum for a similar firmware thread, normally pinned to the top of the list.

Eddzster

Oct 30, 2017
Thanks ChrisM, passed the box to my mate as he is better at that sort of stuff. Just wondered if there was a way to get back to boot screen but there isn’t, he is going to re do the box for me. Cheers