robit

Jun 6, 2015
Any of you know how to save some of the Wookie backgrounds? In particular the Phoenix one, because if you change that, it will never appear in backgrounds again. The only way to get it back is to reinstall Wookie.

The interesting thing I noticed is that when it shows, underneath it says C:\Users\User\Desktop\image 2.jpg. Now that somehow suggest to me that it is a path on a windows system as oppose to android, but it must reside somewhere in Wookie. If so, how can I find it? Consider it a new year puzzle :).

Best regards and a Happy New Year!

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Try having a mooch around in es file explorer robit as they will be deep down in there somewhere.

robit

Jun 6, 2015
Cheers, will have a go when the footie finished. I wonder if there is a folder for wookie retro there anywhere?

Regards

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
yep its there, took me ages to find it, offhand i cant remember the path as it was more luck than anything i found the wookie images

Qaisir

Nov 10, 2015
Any of you know how to save some of the Wookie backgrounds? In particular the Phoenix one, because if you change that, it will never appear in backgrounds again. The only way to get it back is to reinstall Wookie.

The interesting thing I noticed is that when it shows, underneath it says C:\Users\User\Desktop\image 2.jpg. Now that somehow suggest to me that it is a path on a windows system as oppose to android, but it must reside somewhere in Wookie. If so, how can I find it? Consider it a new year puzzle :).

Best regards and a Happy New Year!
When you will go through Es File Explorer all the files of Kodi are stored under org.xbmx.kodi.
From home screen go into Apps>Es File Explorer, Click on Tools and then turn On "Show Hidden Files", then go on to SD(0)>Android>data>org.xbmc.kodi>files>kodi.
When you will open kodi folder you will find different subfolders like addons, media, sound, system, temp, userdata.
So most probably the image file will be stored under media folder and you can find it there.

Last edited:
Reactions: shah nissar

robit

Jun 6, 2015
Many thanks to you both for trying. Been looking again this morning but the only thing I found was the wookie splash screen jpg in kodi images. I can't seem to find wookie's own folders where it may reside. Will probably be searching again this afternoon.

Regards,

robit

Jun 6, 2015
I spent ages yesterday to find the backgrounds used in wookie retro to no avail. In ES, I searched for wookie, background, jpg and others I could think of. Found loads of thumbnails and jpgs but none of the background used. I wonder if it's being pulled from wookie site when used or maybe embedded somewhere. Anyway, no luck so far. No answer on their twitter site either.

Regards,

EricB

Mar 12, 2015
I spent ages yesterday to find the backgrounds used in wookie retro to no avail. In ES, I searched for wookie, background, jpg and others I could think of. Found loads of thumbnails and jpgs but none of the background used. I wonder if it's being pulled from wookie site when used or maybe embedded somewhere. Anyway, no luck so far. No answer on their twitter site either.

Regards,

Same here. I've searched everywhere, but I really can't find those backgrounds. They should be somewhere on the system though. I'll give it up I think.

robit

Jun 6, 2015
Yes, I gave up too. Fortunately, the only one you can't get back is the Phoenix one (I think) without a reinstall. I made my own for Live Sports displaying my wife's favourite team. Perhaps, I will do the same for the ones i use most. Still, if anyone comes across where they're hidden, please share.
Regards,