robit

Jun 6, 2015
I’m thinking of replacing my trusty old T8 S that served me well and still going strong.

I’m looking for more speed from the SE. Anyone can confirm that it at least helps when streaming would be nice. I know the limitations of streaming but does the hardware make any/little difference? Comparing my Son’s Fire TV (not the latest one) on the same network, it definitely buffers less than my T8 S.

Also, if my old VPI air mouse would work with it as well as it does with the T8 S.

I hope some of SE users can chip in.

Kind regards,

Last edited:

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi robit. i think the two most important things for streaming are a) a good internet connection b) lack of contention on hosting sites.
I think that processor speed is less likely to impact, those used on all the T8 series are powerful enough for most stuff you can throw at it.
Maybe a faster processor would help rendering 4K stuff.
I have a) and providing b) is good then a new machine won't necessarily improve things greatly.
If you are a gamer then more woomf (technical term) would help I guess.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
I’m thinking of replacing my trusty old T8 S that served me well and still going strong.

I’m looking for more speed from the SE. Anyone can confirm that it at least helps when streaming would be nice. I know the limitations of streaming but does the hardware make any/little difference? Comparing my Son’s Fire TV (not the latest one) on the same network, it definitely buffers less than my T8 S.

Also, if my old VPI air mouse would work with it as well as it does with the T8 S.

I hope some of SE users can chip in.

Kind regards,
Hi

Each of our box models are capable of streaming.Regarding USB accessories any USB peripheral such as keyboard or mouse can work with the box without any issues.

In the future there will be thread dedicated to the device,not just T8 SE but also other devices that recently came by.

Regards

robit

Jun 6, 2015
Thank you guys for chipping in.
At this time I get very little buffering on my streaming, only if I try some 4k content. I will persevere with the T8-S and might upgrade if i must.
Thanks again
Best regards,