Chrisbowch

Apr 23, 2015
hi all, hope someone can advise on what's happening and a workaround for this...

It seems when running xbmc on my x7 and opening any addon (genesis for example), it opens up but the screen is blank, no menus/options appear like movies, tv shows, search etc. Sometimes I can go to system and video addons and open genesis up that way and it works and other times going through the main menu can work after a few minutes. Is there something that can be done to bring up the menu/list for every addon quicker?

Hope this makes sense?

Cheers!!!

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
It sounds like an error not sure what...try going out of Kodi (xbmc) and go to setting, more, more setting and then Storage and clear cache. This clears cache for all apps, then try see if its ok, if this doesn't work go back to where the storage was, but this time go into Apps scroll down to Kodi and clear data and wait for it to get to zero. Then go back and re-run the wizard say the 1st confluence skin and let it load and click ok on the last message and then unplug the power from the back.
Wait and then back in, head to Kodi and wait for 15 mins for add-ons to update. This should work, but it will take a bit of time to do. You will also need your password and username if you hav'nt ran the wizard for a while.
Good luck

Reactions: Chrisbowch

Chrisbowch

Apr 23, 2015
It sounds like an error not sure what...try going out of Kodi (xbmc) and go to setting, more, more setting and then Storage and clear cache. This clears cache for all apps, then try see if its ok, if this doesn't work go back to where the storage was, but this time go into Apps scroll down to Kodi and clear data and wait for it to get to zero. Then go back and re-run the wizard say the 1st confluence skin and let it load and click ok on the last message and then unplug the power from the back.
Wait and then back in, head to Kodi and wait for 15 mins for add-ons to update. This should work, but it will take a bit of time to do. You will also need your password and username if you hav'nt ran the wizard for a while.
Good luck
Many thanks for the quick reply, I'll give it a go when I get a chance with the tv as its kids dominated at the moment :)

Reactions: David Savage