B

BubbleHeed

Hello

With the release of Kodi 15 do we need to wait for a special version from Droidbox to update to it or can I just install over the top of Droidbox 14.2 version ?

Thanks

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
No, Kodi isengard 15.0 has been out for a while, and has just finished testing. When it is stable I'm sure droidbox will bring it to us. So enjoy what you've got as there's not much difference between them.

Dave

B

BubbleHeed

No, Kodi isengard 15.0 has been out for a while, and has just finished testing. When it is stable I'm sure droidbox will bring it to us. So enjoy what you've got as there's not much difference between them.

Dave
Ok thanks ... I'll wait for the DroidBox release.... I knew it was in beta testing for a while but im sure its just been fully released as a stable version a few days ago hasn't it ?

Reactions: David Savage
B

BubbleHeed

Yeah I think I've got it sorted... I had to re-root it to get supersu working again . Once I had sorted that out Openelec worked again.
Keyboard in Kodi works now so hopefully all sorted now .... I just wish I could get this DroidBox system set up on my other M8 in the bedroom though.... I love my T8S .

B

BubbleHeed

Nothings wrong with it .... it just isn't a Droidbox one so doesn't have as much on it :(

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Do you no how to add repos in file manager. If you do add the superrepo it got all most all add-ons on there.
Go system the underneath file manager, then add source, then in the top put
http://srp.nu
Click done then in the bottom put
Superrepo
Click done again, now go to system click here, then add-ons, now install ftom
Zip file, go to superrepo and click on it.
Now select the build if Kodi you have in this box, then install the zip file.
After this go to add-ons again then get add-ons and scroll down to superrepo and add the videos in the superrepo and then your off.
There's videos in YouTube if you get stuck.
I'm of to the pub now, back soon.

Dave

Reactions: BubbleHeed
B

BubbleHeed

Do you no how to add repos in file manager. If you do add the superrepo it got all most all add-ons on there.
Go system the underneath file manager, then add source, then in the top put
http://srp.nu
Click done then in the bottom put
Superrepo
Click done again, now go to system click here, then add-ons, now install ftom
Zip file, go to superrepo and click on it.
Now select the build if Kodi you have in this box, then install the zip file.
After this go to add-ons again then get add-ons and scroll down to superrepo and add the videos in the superrepo and then your off.
There's videos in YouTube if you get stuck.
I'm of to the pub now, back soon.

Dave
Outstanding !!!! .... i'll try this now . Have a pint for me ... early start im afraid :-(

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Yes, it's now the stable version of Kodi and they are now testing Kodi 16.0 J...
Don't think they have a name yet.....and yes its in the play store to, but I don't think droidboxs wizard will work on it.
Kodi Helix is still fine and runs well just as good as isengard, people will aways want the latest version of things and if you no how to add-ons and repos then there nothing stopping you. But if you like the fact droidbox sort out the best add-ons and configure you box to run well then I wound wait until they upgrade...
I've had isengard on my laptop for awhile and there's some minor changes like in system where helix 14.2 has Get addons, in isengard its install from repository. I've also had a problem in isengard when adding addons it updates them as well and it freezes up and I have to restart Kodi where in Helix I've had no problem. So for now I'm staying with Kodi Helix 14.2.
Thanks Chris your input is always appreciated.

Dave

Last edited:
Reactions: Sal