tommyh1982

Oct 17, 2015
Hi there

apologies for the basic questions, new to droidbox so just finding my feet.

I have just manually installed a 1tb hard drive to my t8s. ( unscrewed it slotted it in and screwed it back) what is the next process that needs to happen, does the disc need to be formatted and if so how is this done? Apologies again for what is prob a very basic question but struggling a little.

Also if i am to add roms to this hard drive can they be added to the droidbox from its own internet connection or do i have to download emulators to a laptop then transfer the files from my laptop to the droidbox

Cheers
Tom

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Hi there

apologies for the basic questions, new to droidbox so just finding my feet.

I have just manually installed a 1tb hard drive to my t8s. ( unscrewed it slotted it in and screwed it back) what is the next process that needs to happen, does the disc need to be formatted and if so how is this done? Apologies again for what is prob a very basic question but struggling a little.

Also if i am to add roms to this hard drive can they be added to the droidbox from its own internet connection or do i have to download emulators to a laptop then transfer the files from my laptop to the droidbox

Cheers
Tom

Hi

When it comes to internal HDD you can use ES file explorer and under local from left top dropdown you can find your HDD named sda.

HDD or any type of disk drive always comes formated and ready to be used.

When it comes to ROMs you can either use Laptop(or any external device) to download them and copy them to the box,or you can do that from the box itself.

In some cases it may be harder to be downloaded from the box(depends on website you are using),also you need to count extracting zipped ROMs etc,but some Game Emulators offer downloading games directly through emulation platform itself so it all depends from case to case!

Regards