David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Real Debrid will stop working with Genesis very soon and the latest update from S7eele tells us that the add-on is basically dead. Real Debrid are updating their API and as Genesis is not updating it will stop working with RD. SALTS is already using the new API so I would recommend switching to SALTS to get the best of Real Debrid. You can install SALTS by using this guide. I also recommend the Auto Config setting that is at the end of the guide to ensure you get all the RD links at the top.

Jan 11th Update from S7eele

Originally lambda planned to release an update to Genesis that would include all the same features it had before along with all the improvements made. It was to include the same abundance of free links it used to have and support several new premium services. Unfortunately, with all of the lies and misinformation being spread by people that care for nothing more but hits/clicks/likes on social media he has decided to put an end to Genesis. He will release a new add-on but it will not be Genesis and it will not have library integration or favourites. These were the most used and most contentious features and he hopes removing them will help limit the new add-ons installed user base. We have discussed this several times already but in addition to removing library integration and favourites he has removed many scrapers and resolvers, specifically the free ones. The new add-on will rely heavily upon premium services like RealDebrid, RPNet, Premiumize.me and Easynews. This is another attempt to control how large the installed userbase gets and a way to eliminate the dependence on free hosters that cause the vast majority of problems with resolution.

Reactions: Sal and Qaisir