Jeffrey_t

Dec 31, 2015
Hi there,

I received my T8-S box yesterday. However, I'm having a problem when trying to install Fusion.

I go to SYSTEM select ADD ONS then INSTALL FROM ZIP FILE. When I then select FUSION I am given a list with 3 options START-HERE/XBMC-REPOS/XBMC-SCRIPTS. When I select any of the the 3 the highlight line just returns the the two dots at the top of the list, nothing else happens. I tried the Fusion URL in a browser and it works fine.

I have installed the WOOKIE WIZARD and it installed ok. However, when I go to VIDEOS/ADD-ONS/WOOKIE there is a option for COMMUNITY BUILDS, when I select that I get a further two options XBMCKODIADDONS.COM BUILDS and OTHER 3RD PARTY BUILDS. I then get a similar problem as I'm getting with FUSION. When I select either option the highlight option returns to the two dots below the up arrow.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
The most obvious thing is to check your internet connection. Then we can take it from there. Check using the browser n the box. I cannot see any problems reported on the fusion developers forum.

Jeffrey_t

Dec 31, 2015
Thanks very much for the reply.

I've checked the connection in the setting and the box is definitely connected and also Netflix is working.

Since my original post I've been trying to install some of the add-ons from the pre-installed repo and I can't get any to work.
They're enabled and appear in the video add-ons. I seem to get to a similar point where I select an option and it says "working" for a second but nothing happens?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Next thing. Possible ISP blocking. Depending on who you are with, ensure parental controls, ISP anti virus software on the router are switched off. Search the forum for specific ISP instructions.

Reactions: ChrisM

Jeffrey_t

Dec 31, 2015
Hi Nigelar,

I've managed to work out what was happening.

When I initially connected the box to the router, I had launched the web browser to check if it was connected. The Google splash paged appeared, including the Google doodle for that the day. I then searched for something and the results appeared. At that point I assumed it was working o.k and moved onto trying to set up the add-ons in Kodi. However, when you select the result of your Google search the browser redirects to the initialisation page for the router and continues to do that until you follow the "Getting Started" set up options. Once I'd done that the full options appeared when I selected the 'Wookie' add-on.

Once again thanks very much for your help as I was beginning to lose the will to live.

Reactions: Nigelar