robit

Jun 6, 2015
I use my Galaxy tab S2 when away from my T8s, with Kodi/Wookie loaded. It works extremely well apart from the fact that the tablet is 4:3 and just in Kodi/Wookie I get full screen where there should be black bars on top and bottom on 16:9 content. That means I either lose bits at the sides or it's slightly squashed.

Is there any adjustment somewhere in System where I can force it to play 16:9 on a 4:3 screen? I did look but nothing jumped out at me.

Kind regards,

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Something to try.
Open a movie in an addon. in the toolbar where the controls are, look for the film reel icon.
Click it and look at the "view" settings. See if changing any of the settings make a difference (e.g. there's a 16:9 stretch setting). If it looks good you can go back in and set it as a default for all video.

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, Also you could try.
In kodi go to System > Video > Playback > in playback you will see Display 4:3 videos as, click on it and you can change the display to see if any of them work for you.

robit

Jun 6, 2015
It's sorted. In System>Video>Playback>Display 4:3 video as been set to Stretch 16:9 - Nonlinear, and saved. All working as it should.

Best Regards,

Reactions: ChrisM