Ian Davis

Jun 18, 2015
how can you stop a box going to "sleep".. I have a paid subscription and want to record events that come on at silly o'clock in the middle of the night out here in Malaysia, but the box goes into sleep mode before the event starts. If there is a break in the. Stream it happens Even when the box is set to the channel I wish to record.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I don't know the answer to your question but the fact that you seem to know how to record events on a droid box might be of interest to forum member John Winn who has posted a thread about disappointment recording to hdd. Are you able to help him Ian?

Qaisir

Nov 10, 2015
how can you stop a box going to "sleep".. I have a paid subscription and want to record events that come on at silly o'clock in the middle of the night out here in Malaysia, but the box goes into sleep mode before the event starts. If there is a break in the. Stream it happens Even when the box is set to the channel I wish to record.
Hello,
From home screen go into settings(Two Cogs)>More settings>Display.
Once you will click on Display option there is one option Sleep and then click on that, set it to 30mins which is max.

Hope it helps you out.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Hi

Options may depend on which box model do you have and android version?

If you could message us that out maybe we could help you more!

Regards

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, If you have T8-S Plus box, you could try going into your settings then Display > Then Daydream >Then When to sleep > then click on never, see if that works.

Reactions: David Savage

Ian Davis

Jun 18, 2015
I have both a t8s and a t8s plus. I tend towards the latter due to the memory available, I have daydream set to 30 minutes and sleep set to never. I think the daydream setting must override the sleep setting

Ian Davis

Jun 18, 2015
For the attention of John Winn... I have a subscription paid add on which I'll refrain from mentioning on here, but the new add on for Kodi "mobdro" is promising a record facility in the near future for a very low annual subscription... It remains to be seen if its popularity has an effect on the buffering.

Reactions: Nigelar

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
I have both a t8s and a t8s plus. I tend towards the latter due to the memory available, I have daydream set to 30 minutes and sleep set to never. I think the daydream setting must override the sleep setting
Hi

Can you please tell us if you are using Kodi,because kodi has it own dim screen settings that needs to be changed in order for box to never dim screen or provide screensaver !

Regards

Ian Davis

Jun 18, 2015
Im using kodi loaded with Andys build and also DBMC loaded with Wookie.
Thank you for trying to help me... Not too techy minded here... Silly old fart syndrome.